Monday, April 11, 2011

this day of the month...a year ago.



i remember this day of last year clearly, April 11, friday, i was in Baguio. my second home, my getaway, my peaceful haven...

i left bacolod, not an inch of sleep, packed my bags at 2am, on my way to the airport at 4am. my week wasn't good, it was more than bad, i wanted to call it the worst months of my life. i don't want to elaborate. what i knew was, going to Baguio for my cousin's wedding was the best part of everything bad that was going on.

the moment the plane took off, i was already asleep, i did not care if i snored, all i wanted was to close my eyes and doze off...woke up when plane touched down naia 3..it was the most peaceful sleep i had in months...

i met up with my cousin dolly at the airport, whose flight from LA was an hour earlier than mine. i found her and our aunt tess waiving at me from the glass door exit...then we're off to baguio ..thank God we took the deluxe bus, it was the most comfortable ride to baguio ever..with reclined seats and foot rest, bathroom, bus stewardess and snacks! i love you de luxe bus, i love you cousin la selle for sponsoring our tickets, i love tita tess for purchasing our tickets in advance..since tickets must be bought in advance and the bus company do not have a website for online purchase.

me and my cousin dolly at aurora hill waiting shed

the 5-hour trip was the best too, why? i slept..slept and slept. my aunt and my cousin dolly was amused, i am the sleeping beauty of the trip.


with cousins
with my grandmother conchita madrid costales

the wedding was April 12, a saturday, i had to be back to bacolod monday, so meaning..i left baguio 1am of April 14, a monday...then arrived in manila and reached the airport around 7am, my flight to bacolod was 9am...my flight was delayed, left manila around 10:30am...




to sum it all up, the trip was a breather, the stress i've been suffering that time was beyond my control...i might have gone gaga without the trip. i thanked nonoy, my colleague, for taking over my responsibility for 4days that i'm away from all the chaos...i thanked my husband for letting me travel alone (i already did that when i was 16 though...), and most of all, i thanked God for giving me the chance to reflect...to keep in touch with the real world, and for giving me the time to sleep :))

AND i went back to work April 15, tuesday, like nothing happened...and back to my reality.


1 comments:

rain71 said...

you forgot that there were two people waiting for you pa because april 15 is taxman's day :((

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...