Wednesday, August 31, 2011

travel secret: my saviours

i know people who travel out of town frequently like every week, that must be really tiring. when i was in republic, i got to travel (officially) like twice or thrice a year  while once a year i got to have a personal vacation if i'm lucky enough...depends on my budget moolah :((

most of the time in republic, i organized the travel. from the tiniest detail to the crucial ones ( itineraries, contacts, the tour, the official event of the trip, lodging, transport, etc. etc.) before i knew it i myself haven't packed my luggage yet. 

so i decided to make this: THE List.

i have this since 2004 i think, or before that..i'm not sure. divided into three separate list which i myself laminated: Toiletries, Clothes, and Others (which means gadget and office supplies).


if you think you have all the things you need to bring in your mind, believe me, you'll never get it all right. so this List always saves me. 

i still use The List in my personal travels...

and i added this: My Travel Notebook.

i started using this last year when i wasn't in republic anymore. this is what i use when planning a trip with my family. even local ones, like resort overnights, i jot down the numbers, addresses, the websites, even the taxi driver's cellphone number.


this is another travel savior: my Tablet. (Samsung Galaxy Tab)

you will never lost your way if you have the goggle maps, never go hungry if you have the places, navigate using GPS, translate the language if you don't understand, know the weather in advance, travel guides to lead you to most visited places of your destination, know the bus stops and bus numbers. just.download.it.all. and you're good to go!


now you know where i want to go next. if luck is with me.

travel safe everyone!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...