Saturday, October 13, 2012

Masskara 2012: A Blogger's Mind




All the photos were taken last year both from the streets and the performance arena at the Bacolod Public Plaza. I got a Blogger's ID, my friend Owen helped me secure one from the Tourism Office.

This year however, I might not get photos from the areas where I wanted to. One needs to join the Photo Contest of a camera club to secure a Photographer's ID unless you represent a Media Outlet for you to have a Media Pass. 

This year, I will just be the spectator with a camera in tow, shooting at the street gutter. FML.

Yes. I am disappointed. 

What will happen to bloggers and photography hobbyist and enthusiast coming over to the city? Last year I met a lot of them who came all the way from Manila, Cebu, and Iloilo, spent their own money, without airline or hotel sponsors at all. What if they don't want to join the photo contest?

At this age of social media, how can the organizers forget that there are people in this city called Bloggers. How can you not know Bloggers when in fact, searching for 'Masskara Festival' photos online will lead you to various Blogs.

I want to suggest a Bloggers Registration or some sort (if somebody from the organizers read this). I know there are people who claim to be bloggers but do not even have a Blog. Open your doors not only to bloggers from Bacolod but those coming from other places. 

I hope it's not too late. A week from the festival highlights, I believe there's still time.

To the Masskara Festival organizers, don't turn your backs to Bloggers and to Photography Hobbyist and Enthusiast.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...