Monday, February 6, 2012

6.9 EARTHQUAKE Hits Negros

Photo Credit: Phivolcs

February 6, 2012, 11:49 AM, Magnitude 6.9 Tectonic Earthquake hits Negros. Click here for more information.

Here's how the skies looked like this afternoon...gloomy.



My only companion when the grounds started to move, our dog Max. He kept on barking the whole time. I ran out of the house when shaking seemed not to end (don't ask how i look, i just woke up and checking updates online when shaking started). I dialed my sister's number (she's in Mabe's school), a few rings, then cellphone signal cracked up. Panic. Panic. Still shaking...panic again.


Knees shaking, I went to fetch my daughter, since my sister still have some errands to finish. 
Mabe's safe, when shaking started she threw her lunch in the garbage and ran to the quadrangle, an open space inside the school.

So, how prepared are we? really...


Call me crazy, call me panicky paranoid..but I just did this the moment we arrived home from school:

Gathered all our document folders, emergency kits, gadgets and chargers, wallets, camera and lenses...candles and matches, flashlights and batteries...



I am not going anywhere. I just wanted everything in one place and within my reach.

As I'm writing this, I can still feel aftershocks...I better stop.

Keep safe everyone!

2 comments:

rain71 said...

even until now i believe i can still see the floor shaking :(, and "the dad" and "his cousin" told me during our last meeting that underneath my office is a riverbed :(( "shivers"

CAT said...

really? me too, i can really feel something. that's why i kept on checking the updates of phivolcs. there were tremors in canlaon and la castellana the past few days. riverbed? wow, that only means one thing, they're THAT old knowing that fact.(if it's true)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...