Thursday, June 30, 2011

it's been a year...


of having no job.

before i always thought, i won't survive without a job. but i did survive. 

on the same day last year i was at a friend's wedding. as owen and rem's tied the knot in front of their closest and selected friends, i was untying my 10-year old career serving the seventy thousand or more in republic. (i want to call the place republic)

but some people would ask me, 'why not look for a job?', most of the time i will just shrugged off my shoulders and smile or smirk, but in reality here's my answers....

1. Family. i have a husband and a daughter, but we actually spent a little time together. having no job means a flexible schedule. vacation whenever the little girl is free from school and other activities. no more tight schedule of taking a leave of absence from work (which was very hard to get when i was in republic)

2. Myself. i wanted to act my age. yes, i do. in republic, i grew up so fast that i think like a 45-year old everyday. 

3. Opinions. i kept my opinions for so long. i think deeply before saying words and keep my mouth shut if it's not necessary to talk. 

4. Friends. i shielded my friends from my republic life. they know my job but they don't know what exactly i do everyday. some think my job is cool. some thought i got nice pay. sorry pals, all false.

5. White Hairs. aaahhh i got millions of white hairs!

6. School. yes i want to go back to school. i've always been talking about how frustrated i am for not taking up Fine Arts in college. so this is my chance.

7. Photography. i'm hooked. 

8. Simple Life. living each day just like that, simple. 

9. this BLOG. one of the best decisions i ever did was to make this blog Public. and i thanked everyone for clicking and reading away in this humble abode of my thoughts.

A happy rainy afternoon everyone!

Thank you :))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...