Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My 2011

When 2009 ended, I wrote a Thank You blogpost (in the previous restricted site). I said thank you to all the people whom I worked with (since mid-2010 was the last year of my career in public service), my friends who stood by my side, and my enemies who made me a better and stronger person. Unfortunately, before 2010 ended, some friends I mentioned were not my friends anymore. lol. So no more Thank You post this year.

This is (sort of) a summary of my 2011:

January

THIS blog went PUBLIC. A huge decision for a private person like me. Right now, mysocalledpurplelife's  pageviews is near its first 10,000 views. So it means I have readers. haha! I am grateful, really.

Sheba's WEDDING. I met a lot of new friends. As Sheba's wedding manager (lol), I got the chance to shoot and was guided by some MangoRed people.

ROADTRIP in Central Negros. It was this time that the weather in Negros went crazy. It was surprisingly cold.


February

TRIP to Cebu with my friend Sue. A mind blowing, nerve-wracking plane ride going back home. It was the first time I thought of death, and worst, dead and burnt from a small and cheap plane.


March

WORKSHOP in Photography continues. I was in my 2nd leg in OSB Digital's Series of Photography Workshops.

I went depressive. I am just SAD the whole month.


April

Mabe's BALLET EXAM with the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet that was held in Iloilo City. Stage mother that I am, don't ask how I felt. 

TRIP to Manila with Mabe the day after the ACB Exam, a short vacation with JITB.

My BIRTHDAY month. Samsung Galaxy Tab came into my life. 


May

Mabe's 3rd Ballet Recital. Stage mother strikes again.

I started What's in your BAG Series.

WORKSHOP in Photography continues. I'm in the 3rd leg of OSB Digital's Series of Photography Workshops.


June

TRIP to Singapore with JITB.

SHOW ME YOUR COLLECTION Project started.


July

EARTHQUAKE hits Negros. I was reminded of the July 1990 Baguio Earthquake. 

I was again SAD the whole month.

August

ROADTRIP with Sue in the South of Negros. In case you don't know yet, I am a kaladkarin friend. lol!

I went back to reading. Read All You Can, All Day All Night. Life gets boring you know...


September

Everybody went on with the BER countdown. I did not. 

I tried to bust the SADNESS by spending time with my friend Sue in some foodadventure and sorts...

October

MASSKARA Festival. 

The PURPLE Boxing shorts of Donnie "Ahas" Nietes. I got the chance to shoot from the ringside. 

I joined the Scott Kelby's WORLDWIDE PHOTOWALK. A new learning experience shooting with other photography enthusiasts.


November

I started a MORNING COFFEE habit after dropping Mabe off in school. A total body clock change for me.

My HOSPITAL SAGA started when my father was admitted in the Intensive Care Unit for three days.


December

Mabe's FIRST COMMUNION.

A WEDDING Consultant to a Rock&Roll themed union.

Mabe's CHICKEN POX five days before her BALLET Performance.

HOSPITAL SAGA strikes again as my father was rushed to the Emergency Room. 


I just realized that December was indeed the highlight and the peak of everything.


Wow. My whole year. 

How short yet so fast. 

How empty yet fulfilling. 

I have seen and felt how to live normally...

to feel happy and sad...

to learn and to let go...

to fight and to stop fighting. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...