Wednesday, January 18, 2012

good morning chinese lanterns :)



On my way to McDonald's to meet my friend Erly this morning the red chinese lanterns along the Provincial Capitol Road greeted me. I was then reminded of the upcoming Chinese New Year.

This coming friday the city will once again celebrate the Bacalaodiat Festival.  

The word Bacalaodiat was derived from the words Bacolod and Lao diat which is a Fookien word for Sinadya (Ilonggo) which means, big celebration. The Bacalaodiat Festival began four years ago with the aim to develop good Filipino-Chinese relationship and to improve tourism in the city. It was started by the Chinese community in Bacolod.

Happy Chinese New Year in Advance everyone!

*i only took two photos using my Samsung Galaxy Tab. the red lanterns looked great against the early morning light, but i'm really scared of snatchers. too early and very few joggers in the area.

*will try to post the schedule tomorrow :)

2 comments:

rain71 said...

so are you going to you know where? PM me :)

CAT said...

PM sent! hahaha

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...