Saturday, April 28, 2012

Homecoming







Homecomings. What do you exactly do in homecomings. A lot. A lot of gossips. Lol! It's a joke but actually, there's truth in it.

Some says high school was the best days of their life. Personally, high school was ONE of the best days of my life because I cannot exactly say that it was THE best. My life was more exciting after high school. 

At 15, I traveled and explored a different culture from what I grew up in. The summer I turned 16, I was about to enroll in a university my high school friends never heard of. I would watch rock concerts all by myself. Travel alone. Lived a life away from family and the comfort of my own bed. 

I went back to the hometown and continued the course I had. Joined the college paper, became an editor, graduated with a special award in journalism. Despite all that, I was a rule breaker, I was not a good student, I live my life the way I wanted. I don't burn candles, I don't aim for A's. I never had a decent notebook. Instead, I buried my face in paperbacks reading fiction, stayed away from normal co-eds who would spend the whole 20minutes in the restroom putting make-ups, while I could hardly comb my hair twice a day.

This afternoon in our high school homecoming, I hardly knew my batchmates. I cannot recognize a classmate in sophomore year or in junior year, aside from the ones whom I became friends with. My memory was so blocked that I sucked in remembering names and faces. My high school memory was blurred, even college was a haze. 

I don't think I'm normal, the word normal was never in my vocabulary. I think I'm different. 

Homecomings and gossip comes together. I had a gossip juicy life, real homecoming worthy. 

Don't you just love homecomings?

I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...