Saturday, December 17, 2011


i feel so low. 

is this the bug again? 

i know i should not let this bug eat me. i have all the reason to be thankful and happy about, but i just cant ignore it. i am just sad.

--- two weeks before december started i had to deal with my father's illness and hospitalization;

--- same time with mabe's activities in school and ballet rehearsals plus her confession and first communion;

--- in between those two listed above i was helping out a bride in her wedding;

--- after the wedding, i went home around midnight with mabe having signs of chicken pox;

--- the next day, had to finish some wedding stuff with the couple, and mabe's chicken pox in full bloom. 

yes, i am in panic mode.

--- chicken pox can't happen when your daughter has a ballet performance in the next 5 days!

--- aside from anti-viral medication, another word is: isolation. (not only mabe was isolated, me too was confined inside the room to monitor her condition and praying hard for healing)

--- final rehearsal came, my heart was full of apprehensions. i knew my daughter will get a treatment i wouldn't want to see. fortunately, there were fellow ballet parents who understood and there were some who just gave us a cold stare.

--- ballet performance day. everything went well, except for the plaza photographer hired by the studio. i tell you, i am not a professional (far from it), but i know my camera, i know what to do with it, just don't freakin' tell me to use my built in flash looking at me like you know everything! all i want is to get a photo of my daughter and her friends.

--- this evening's christmas party at the studio was the last social activity of mabe this december. i just can't wait for wednesday to come, we're off to the small farm for the rest of the holidays.

--- right now, i know typhoon sendong brought so much death and damage in mindanao. with this bug, i just can't allow myself to see the devastation. it breaks my heart to see dead children, families losing their homes, farmers losing their crops.

i am sad but i know i should not be and this is not the right time to be sad.

call me depressive, call me anything but i will not let depression eat me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...