Wednesday, July 27, 2011

typhoon juaning


it's a minute before 4:00AM, i am still awake. the rain is pouring hard with strong winds. typhoon juaning is ravaging southern and central luzon, it slowed down and intensified further according to Pagasa update as of 10:00pm (that's six hours ago). negros is not even listed in signal warnings, yet we can feel its rage. 

when i was a teenager i would sleep like a log during storms like this, while my mother was wide awake waiting for any trees to fall down or tv and radio antennas from the roof. i would wake up in the morning and find my mother or my brother all wet from picking and fixing whatever the storm broke. 

right now my daughter is in bed sleeping, she'll be up in an hour to get ready for school, while i'm still awake blogging my fear away. with this kind of wind, i hope my smartbro antenna is all nailed up there or else i'll be soaked up wet picking up the parts in the ground.

God Bless the people in southern and central luzon. let us all pray for our safety.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...