Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Teachers

Today is Teacher's Day. 

and i just realized, we have quite a number of teachers in our family:

* my brother is a high school teacher;

* my mama's sister Lucia, a retired high school teacher;

* aunt Monique teaches in Philippine Military Academy;

* aunt Binky teaches in UP-Baguio;

* an uncle who teaches in high school;

* my mother-in-law, a retired elementary teacher.

(*note: relatives, if you read this, please remind me of the others i haven't mentioned.)

and speaking of teachers, my daughter brought little something for her teachers today.


we all have unforgettable, sad, and funny stories of our teachers. oftentimes, the ones we remember are those who touched our lives, those who made a difference and made us who we are today.

for me, there's only one teacher whom i will never ever forget for the rest of my life. the person who guided me, believed in me, and protected me like her own daughter. my college teacher, my schoolpaper adviser, my friend, my mentor: Portia Importante-Viedor.


Happy Teacher's Day!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...