Thursday, March 22, 2012

Life's Lesson on Friendship


I learned this lesson at the early stage of my life as an adult. The time of my life that young people my age still party in clubs, enjoy what life brings to them. Some still searching for their future, some don't even care what is their future. I was battling with this lesson. Dealing with people twice my age. I fought. I got wounded. I stood. Wounded but I fought. Scarred.

Because of that, I knew this lesson very well. I learned to take a shield and guard my path. Then it happened again. I was caught between the battle. Wounded again. Scarred. Stupidly scarred for the second time. I was wondering 'why the word friendship was even discovered when it can't save you and give you happiness'. (okay, that was only me talking angry and hurt)

I was too trusting. I left my shield somewhere. Never ever thinking that people change. Never willing to take the path I'm taking. Never ever joining the journey I'm taking.

The lesson hit me twice. Now I know the lesson from left to right, front to back, head to toe. With or without shield I am ready to face my future. Life is good. I will face life and surround myself with people who are willing to take my path, join my journey and grow with me.

Yes I am scarred but the wisdom is with me. Eat that.

2 comments:

rain71 said...

wow, through thick and thin, i'm glad i can say that about you and me, but lately, it's more of being thick, literally..... lol

CAT said...

you're so bad, you made me cry while laughing! haha

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...