Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ballet mom



Call me a stage mother or whatever you want, because I really am one.
But I tell you, being a ballet mom is no joke. Giving your unlimited time and emptying your pocket is definitely a no laughing matter. Aside from regular school, sending your child to a ballet school after class means additional expenses. One thing I notice however, ballet kid’s feet grows fast. Why oh why, considering that ballet shoes is not that cheap at all.
Anyway, I am more than thankful that mabe’s ballet school is one of the (it’s the only one, I think) qualified and respected school of dance in the city today. The ballet instructor, Dwight Rodrigazo, is a Ballet Philippines scholar, a well experienced ballet dancer all over Asia, Europe, and the US. He is not just a dancer but a qualified instructor who will teach your little ballerina the correct positions of the feet and the hands. You don’t want your child to end up with scoliosis, do you? I have learned that wrong positions and stretching your child’s body incorrectly might give her that.
Aside from ballet lessons, my child is doing the contemporary dance this summer to enhance her body movements more. I am not sure though if she still wanted to continue doing contemporary this coming June. If she doesn’t want to, then fine with me. What is important is her decision whether to do it or not.


This coming season (June to March), mabe’s level as determined by the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet is now Primary. Hopefully next summer after another examination by ACB, she will be in Pre-Level One.
Okay, I am now boring you with this kind of entry. Can’t blame me, I am your certified ballet mom after all.
Good night everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...