Sunday, May 22, 2011

Third Grade



1986 was the year I was in third grade in a public school. Looking back, I understood why my parents sent me to the nearest public school. My sister and my brother, who are way way older than I am, all came from a private school. 1986 was Edsa Revolution, just imagine what kind of economy we had then.
I don’t remember much of my elementary years, third grade…hmmm let me think…burgor, they fed us that porridge every afternoon inside the classroom...my mother cut my waist length hair short, I never thought I’ll have short hair that time, of course I was thin, lanky, malnourished looking (yeah for once in my life I was thin)…i hated math, math period was like the end of the world to me… I remember walking home from school, I have spared jeepney fare but I wanted to do what everybody else was doing during that time…walked home.
In our home and our neighborhood, I have a different world. I play with kids as soon as I stepped outside our compound. One of my childhood friends that time was Mikka, you can read her blog here.
Now comes 2011, my daughter is about to enter Third Grade. Kids her age don’t eat burgor anymore, not sure if they can even eat that food. Now my daughter’s hair was done by David’s Salon, she has a fit body because of ballet, and she hates math too. haha. We still ride a jeepney though, nothing change, we still don’t have a car. At home, my daughter hardly steps outside the gate, she got company like Phenias and Ferb, Fan Boy and Chumchum, Timmy Turner, Jimmy Neutron, and a lot more. You can all find them at Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.
Just imagine that. Third Grade. Twenty Five years after…
How’s your Third Grade year like?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...