Thursday, May 19, 2011

salamat manager



What does it takes to be a good manager. Here’s the story.
 

After mabe’s recital last Sunday we decided to have lunch at Bigby’s since mabe’s favorite bee fastfood was crowded. You know me, I don’t like too many people around.
So Bigby’s it is.
Before writing this entry, hubby warned me not to mention him in this blog (oopps, sorry). 
Anyway, service was really slooow. Chez, the manager, whom I know, because I frequently arranged meetings in Bigby’s before, kept on apologizing for the slow service since they only have two waiters manning the tables. Surprisingly, I don’t see anyone complaining.
Even my daughter was keeping herself busy playing with my galaxy tab. Not complaining.

I did not complain too because I am not that hungry, so I am not upset or anything, we just patiently waited. But boy, it was really a long wait. When our orders came, again the waiter apologized (his nth time to say sorry actually). So we dig in, ate and ate then we’re done. I was eager to leave because we were there for more than two hours already, and so we requested for the bill. Then again, soooo sloowww! When the waiter arrived with the bill, he handed me a small bottle of an organic shampoo (I thought it was a hand sanitizer). It was for free, he said. Oh, really? Okay. My silence was rewarded, lol.

I waved Chez goodbye from the door, mouthed Thank You for the bottle of shampoo and wondered if other customers got a bottle of shampoo too. lol
I can only say one thing, pleasing me was good, but please, don’t make it a habit since not all people can be satisfied by a bottle of shampoo, especially hungry customers.
Good managers are few, Chez you surely is one of them. Bigby’s please add waiters na.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...