Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mighty Morphine Power Mother

just finished making mabe's assignment in science. the note says: with the help of your parents. so i helped did everything and mabe supervised. they have to write a short story of their growth and development physically, socially, emotionally, mentally..all ally (*ally mcbeal).

so i rummage through my scrapbook baul, to kalkal the data of mabe and i found this page. awww, i remember the day i gave birth. go ahead, take a look at the sunny and flowery presentation first before i tell you my Operating Room saga.




yes, Operating Room not Delivery Room. you may not know this but i was diagnosed with Endometriosis in my right ovary the day i had my first ultrasound to confirm my pregnancy. it was decided then that my ob-gyne will get rid of it (the diameter of the cyst was large enough  to burst if not handled sooner) after my scheduled caesarean operation, to lessen the cost and the hassle.

i did not went through the normal process like labor and pains, but THE pain of the spinal anesthesia when injected in my back was beyond f%!&*g painful. as far as i can remember, they inserted thrice! the woman at the other room was screaming (she's having normal delivery i guess), while i can't even scream, i just cried.

then after a few minutes, hours, i don't know i might have passed out, i saw mabe!! awww heaven. they let me peck at her face, next was another procedure for my ovary. they told me they're injecting morphine, i saw the doctor injecting something through my dextrose (thanks God! no more painful needles, i thought). thanks but no thanks, the effect of morphine WAS worst! minutes or hours after i was about to tell the doctor i feel like throwing up, i opened my mouth and puke. i.puke.and puke. and keep on puking. gah!

finally, the operation was over. my ob-gyne told me she did not took the damaged ovary, she just scraped the cyst, because it might go back and  if in case it will, i still have one ovary functioning.

next stop. Recovery Room. i thought i was in a freezer, it was really cold, i felt cold and having chills. the nurses wrapped me with another blanket and kept on checking and all. but still, i.am.puking.and puking. there was another patient beside my bed, she started to talk to me. hello chitchat, but i can't answer back, i turned my head the other way because i puke.puke .puke again!

after i was transferred in my room, i puked for a couple of times then it just stopped. my recovery was a bit slower than most caesarean moms, maybe it's because of the ovary procedure.

the whole process was really traumatic, but the moment you see that little bundle of joy...its happiness.

there you go mighty morphine power ranger mother. lol!

have a good weekend :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...