Thursday, September 22, 2011

travel secret: the hulabaLOO and BUTTONS

a friend of mine emailed me this photo:


she just spent minutes after minutes inside the bathroom figuring out how to flush it. (hahahha) she's in a posh hotel in manila right now. i was laughing really hard when she called and told me the loo dilemma. but take a look at the picture, where would you think the flush button be? there's no sensor, no flush bars, buttons, nothing at all. it doesn't even looked like the japanese computerized and voice activated ones.

talking about buttons, i shared my embarrassing travel secret with her too....when i was about to cross a street in singapore. ahem, i really took a photo to record my shameful moment, even my camera was ashamed of me..hahaha


i was standing in a corner, about to cross a street back to Hotel 81, waiting for the WALK/Green Man sign. i waited for like 15 minutes...what's the freakin' problem, i thought, is the traffic sign broken, am i just going to run and cross, what??? i was looking from my side to the other, no other pedestrian but me, alone. it's around 11am in this part of singapore.


and finally, a singaporean stood beside me, PUSHED a button at the post. damn i should have thought about it. (hahaha) hello can't blame me, i came from the third world where crossing the street is next to losing your own life so cross/run as fast as you can.

now i'm embarrassed.
but seriously, i love every moment of it. i learned, i laughed, and i lived and enjoyed life.

how about you, what's your travel secret?

*ohhh, i forgot to tell you where's the flush button. hahaha. it's on the FLOOR! see that drain thing like button? just step on it.

1 comments:

rain71 said...

i was desperately looking for a pail ha ha ha

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...